Dr. M. A. Koddus (Jahid)
· M. Sc in Rehabilitation Science under Scholarship Programme of SAARC Development Fund (SDF) from Bangladesh Health Professions Institute (BHPI), CRP under the Medicine Faculty of University of Dhaka.
· Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy with Honors from Bangladesh Health Professions Institute (BHPI), CRP under the Medicine Faculty of University of Dhaka.
· Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in Science Group under Education Board of Dhaka from BAF Shaheen College, Kurmitola, Dhaka Cantonment, Dhaka.
· Secondary School Certificate (SSC) in Science Group under Education Board of Dhaka from Balia High School, Balia, Dhamrai, Dhaka.
History of professional training:
1. Full time (1 year) Internship (Spinal Cord Injury– Indoor, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Musculo – Skeletal Dept. and CBR Unit) at Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralyzed (CRP), Savar & Mirpur–14, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Modern Orthopaedic Medicine- Cyriax Concept (Basic and Advanced) under European Teaching Group of Orthopaedic Medicine (ETGOM), Belgium.
3. International Certificate Course on Intra-Articular Infiltration and Soft Tissue Injection under Monroe Medical, UK and Academy of Physiotherapy.
4. Certificate Course on Advanced General Medicine for Rehabilitation Health Professionals under University and Industry Alliance of University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
5. Basic Clubfoot Management Training on Ponseti Method under The Glencoe Foundation under the project of Walk for Life- The National Clubfoot Program of Bangladesh.
6. Training course on Inclusion of Disability Issues in Development (IDID) under Centre for Disability in Development (CDD), Savar, Dhaka.
7. Training on Development Paradigm and Practices in Bangladesh under Practical Action Bangladesh.
8. ToT on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) as a Master Trainer on Nutrition under Institute of Child and Mother Health (ICMH), Matuail, Dhaka.
9. “Training of Facilitators (ToF) on Child Development” Under the project of Enabling Environment for Child Rights (EECR) of Ministry of Women and Children Affairs (MOWCA); Funded by UNICEF Bangladesh.
10. Training on HRBA under ActionAid Bangladesh.
11. Emergency Fast Action Support Team (EFAST) Training under ActionAid Bangladesh.
12. Skill Training for EFAST members of AAB on “Psychosocial First Aid (PFA), Fire Safety and First Aid and Women Led Emergency Response” under ActionAid Bangladesh.
13. Basic Training on SRHR under Reproductive Health Services Training and Education Program (RHSTEP).
14. Training on Disability Inclusion and Gender Equity in Eye Health Care Services, supported by Sightsavers International and funded by Ukaid under Centre for Disability in Development (CDD), Savar, Dhaka.
15. Training on General Principles of Fracture care and Conservative Management (Casting Method) under Bela Professional Development Training Centre (BPDTC), Savar, Dhaka.
16. Training on Bangla Sign Language for Hospital Staff under Centre for Disability in Development (CDD), Savar, Dhaka.
17. Introduction to Inclusive Disaster Risk Management under NGO Inclusiva (An online scholarship programme.
· 15-16 years long experiences in the field of health and rehabilitation, disability management, inclusive development sector, livelihood activities for persons with disabilities, gender equity, DPO/CBO management.
· Served at Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) as Associate Coordinator (Project Lead) from August, 2018 to October 2022.
· Served as Director- Education and Training at Bela Health and Education Foundation, Savar, Dhaka from January 01, 2017 to July 31, 2018.
· Served as Programme Officer- Job Placement, Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation at ActionAid Bangladesh, Dhaka from April 15, 2014 to December 31, 2016.
· Served as Sector Specialist (Sr. Social and Disability Officer cum Coordinator in Nutrition component) of the Social, Disability and Nutrition Sector at Practical Action, Bangladesh from December 13, 2009 to April 11, 2014.
· Served as Manager of Decentralized Resource Centre on Disability (DRCD) from November 01, 2007 to December 12, 2009 under the project of the Centre for Disability in Development (CDD).
· External Examiner of Bangladesh Health Professions Institute (BHPI), CRP of 4th year BSc Speech and Language Therapy students on the subject of Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR).
· Participated and presented the organizational profile in the market place session in the MTR meeting of The Right to Health: Breaking Down Barriers to Eye Health in South Asia project organized by Sightsavers International in Dubai, UAE.
1. Measuring the Level of Satisfaction with Lower Limb Prosthetic Devices Among the Users of CRP and CDD, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Md Forhad Hossain, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka, which had been submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of MSc in Rehabilitation Science to the Medicine Faculty of University of Dhaka in 2018.
2. INFOBOOK on Employment and Health Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Bangladesh, which has been published by ActionAid Bangladesh in 2016, link: http://www.actionaid.org/bangladesh/publications/employment-health-rights-persons-disabilities-bangladesh
3. Training Manual for Caregiver of Persons with Disabilities, which has been published by ActionAid Bangladesh in 2015, ISBN: 978-984-34-0489-5, link: http://www.actionaid.org/bangladesh/publications/prtibndhii-byktir-pricryaakaariir-prshikssnn-shaayyikaa
4. Co-writer of a hand book on “Social and Legal Right” where discussed on gender, reproductive health, hygiene, care of pregnant women, early marriage with needs of registration, dowry, divorce, violence against women, basic on disability issues and basic on legal right issues and which is distributed to the adolescent girls/women of the projects’ beneficiaries as well as to the other stakeholders, which has been published by Practical Action, Bangladesh as a knowledge product in 2010.
5. Perception of Lower Limb Amputee Patient: Facing difficulties for proper rehabilitation after receiving prosthesis due to lack of accessibility into the community (urban area) in Bangladesh, which had been submitted to the Medicine Faculty of University of Dhaka to obtain a Bachelor Degree with Honors in 2006.